WelcomeWelcome to Tale As Old As Time, a website dedicated to the wonderful film Beauty and the Beast, released by Disney.
I have always loved Beauty and the Beast. I have made this website to share my love of Beauty and the Beast. I hope you enjoy your stay. I honestly do hope you enjoy browsing through this website, and I do hope that you will come back soon.
Most Recent UpdatesNovember 11, 2016
+ [11:13am] Surprise surprise! An update! And we have a Giveaway!
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of Beauty and the Beast, I will be giving away a few things this month!
November 13, 1991 - Premiere
November 22, 1991 - Public
The first is an awesome Beauty and the Beast wallet from Hot Topic!
Check out the tumblr for more information, and wait for more updates coming soon.
October 4, 2013
+ [08:43pm] It's been more than a year since the last update, so I feel I should probably get updating. On my to-do list: edit links, edit the Directory, add Tumblr sites, update the gallery. I've created a simple layout that I really like with soft grey tones, I love grey. More to come soon.
April 18, 2012
+ [07:56pm] I'm going to be adding a few things to the gallery, but I'm also going to be editing the Directory to add the beautiful Beauty and the Beast - related sites I find on Tumblr. I currently run Belle's Library, and if you have a tumblr dedicated to Beauty and the Beast or related to it in some way, please submit it!
February 01, 2012
+ [07:56pm] Exciting news! I will be adding a bit more about the television series Once Upon A Time, in particular about the Beauty and the Beast episode Skin Deep set to premiere on the 12th of February. Make sure to check it out!
In equally exciting news, ABC and The CW have both ordered pilots for a Beauty and the Beast television series. The CW will go back to the 1980s show starring Linda Hamilton and be similar to that series. Here is the full article from The Huffington Post:
Beauty And The Beast TV Show: Pilot Ordered By
Is Disney-owned ABC becoming the go-to fairy tale network? ABC has ordered a pilot based off the traditional tale of Beauty and the Beast, reports EW.com.
From Jericho’s Jonathan Steinberg, the project is described as a fantastical re-imagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast.
After the success of the highly-fanciful Once Upon A Time, it looks like the network is looking for another fairy tale hit, but they have some stiff competition. NBC already have Grimm on its lineup, and The CW, with hit shows like The Vampire Diaries and The Secret Circle, has also ordered a pilot based off Beauty and the Beast.
However, The CW version will be loosely based on the cult-classic 1987 CBS procedural television show that starred Linda Hamilton.
While there’s no telling if either of these shows will make it to a series order, we would like to see a primetime Beast vs. Beast showdown.
November 24, 2011
+ [08:12pm] We have a new affiliate, a beautiful website dedicated to Disney's Tangled! Please visit Goldie's Tower!
Also, this past Tuesday Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas and Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World Special Editions were released and are now available for purchase.
November 13, 2011
+ [12:46am] I just want to take this time to say, Happy 20th Anniversary to Beauty and the Beast! The premiere of this beautiful movie was November 13th, 1991. I love this movie more and more each time I watch it, and I'll be watching it for the rest of my life. Thank you to the creators for this beautiful story, these wonderful characters, this magical movie.
(I also want to say, Happy 6 years to this website! It was 6 years at the end of October so I'm a little late in posting it).
Previous UpdatesOctober 30, 2011
+ [01:24pm] A new layout up, in honor of the 20th anniversary of Beauty and the Beast this November! More to come soon.
October 27, 2011
+ [08:01pm] I have added a new affiliate: Bella Bestia, please visit!
Also, thank you to Jupiter for a new beautiful link button!
October 04, 2011
+ [09:46pm] It has been quite a while since the last update. But I plan on adding many new things, in particular a new layout, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Beauty and the Beast. It is hard to believe it was twenty years ago when this beautiful movie first was released. I will make sure to add many things before the arrival of November. With that in mind, a few updates:
- There is a beautiful new line of Disney Princess Dolls known as the Designer Collection. Belle is one of these dolls, alas she has been sold out, but I will be adding images of the doll/collections to the gallery.
- There is another line of dolls called the Animators' Collection, where several of the heroines and princesses of Disney have been reimagined as children, with help from original animators. Check out Belle now at disneystore.com.
- Today Disney released The Lion King (yay!) and they also released a 5-Disc Diamond Edition of Beauty and the Beast with a 3-D DVD. It is available now at stores. Disney will also be releasing Special Editions of The Enchanted Christmas and Belle's Magical World in November.
- Disney will be releasing Beauty and the Beast in 3D in Theaters in January 2012! We can thank the wonderful success of The Lion King for this!
- There is more news on the upcoming Beauty and the Beast expansion at Walt Disney World. More to come on that as well.
- In addition to the hundreds of other things I hope to add, I would like to add a section where visitors submit their photos of their Beauty and the Beast merchandise to add to a section in the gallery. I hope you will consider adding yours when the time comes.